Screw press wastewater treatment is a type of mechanical dewatering system used to separate solid and liquid components in wastewater or sludge. It is widely employed in various industries and municipal wastewater treatment plants. Tianzhong Machinery manufactures a highly effective multi-disc screw press machine that provides a solution for processing wastewater and sludge, including slaughterhouse wastewater, winery wastewater, slurry, and more. Welcome to contact us for more details!
Key Components of Wastewater Dewatering System
- Screw: The screw is responsible for moving the wastewater or sludge through the system. The gap between the fixed and moving rings changes continuously as the screw rotates, allowing for a smooth dewatering process.
- Multiple Fixed and Moving Rings: The fixed rings create a stable and supportive structure for the dewatering process. They hold the moving rings in place and help maintain the proper alignment of the filtration system. As the moving rings move along the shaft, the gaps between the fixed rings and the moving rings reduce, leading to the extrusion of water from the sludge, effectively dewatering it.
- Discharge System: This is the outlet where the dewatered solids and liquid are discharged for further processing.
What Can Be Obtained From Dewatering Process?
The products obtained from screw press wastewater treatment include:
- Dewatered Cake: The primary product is the dewatered sludge cake. The screw press applies pressure to the sludge, squeezing out the water and reducing the moisture content of the solids. The dewatered sludge is typically in a semi-solid or solid state with a higher concentration of solid particles. This dewatered material can be further processed in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Filtrate: The liquid that separates from the solids during the dewatering process is called filtrate. Depending on the specific application, the filtrate can undergo additional treatment processes to meet regulatory standards before being discharged or reused.